Root Xperia Z1 running Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Here is the tutorial to root your Sony Xperia Z1 running Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Build 14.6.A.1.236
This tutorial is for Build 14.6.A.1.236 and all older versions, will work on all models of Xperia Z1 i.e C6902, C6903, C6909, C6943. ( This tutorial can be used to root older versions also. )
Disclaimer : I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if u make any other damage to your phone
So Lets Start :
1. First make sure you are running Lollipop 5.1.1 Build 14.6.A.1.236 . Go to Settings > About to verify this. The below screenshot is of C6902 but the method will work on all models of Z1. ( Note : This method will work on all other older Android versions / builds also of Xperia Z1 like 14.6.A.1.216 or 14.6.A.0.368 )
2. Download KingRoot v4.81 and install it in your mobile - LINK
To Replace KingUser with SuperUser follow the steps :
1. Download the file - Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU LINK
2. Extract the file and copy the mrw folder to the root of your internal storage.
3. Download Terminal Emulator for Android from PlayStore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
4. Open the Terminal app in your mobile , enter the command " su " ( without quotes ) . Allow Root Access in your mobile.
5. Now run the command - " sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh " ( without quotes )
6. The SuperSu app will launch automatically (if u see any errors just ignore) , it will ask to update binary , click on CONTINUE , then Select NORMAL method. After the Binary is installed it will ask to reboot your device.
If you have any problems feel free to comment :)